Lamplighter 2 Starter Kit for Model Train Lighting
The Lamplighter 2
...is the big brother of the Lamplighter 1 product, providing a 50% increase in intensity coupled into each fiber that is inserted and holding more than twice the number of fibers.
Each Lamplighter can hold 30 of 1.5mm fibers, or 60 of 1.0mm fibers or any mix thereof.
The Lamplighter System is an innovative system using fiber optics. Based on using a very intense light system underneath the train table (or dolls house or whatever), fibers are then run into the space to be illuminated. The light source is 30+ times brighter than the typical LED used in hobby applications, which allows lighting of buildings and creating street lamps that will really glow well. The lighting of even a single fiber is intense.
The light output of a single 1.5mm fiber is greater than a typical 20mA LED.
To light a structure all one has to do is snip off the appropriate length of an optical fiber, insert one end into the Lamplighter box and run the other end up through a hole into the structure. Each Lamplighter box allows you to light up multiple structures, making the addition of lights into many structures very simple. We recommend using 1.5mm diameter fibers to light buildings, and 1.0mm for street lamps and 0.75 and 0.5mm for trees and other applications. We sell and recommend using the highest quality of fiber - inferior brands will not be as bright and are prone to breaking when bent.
Clearly a Lamplighter™ box without any fiber isn’t very helpful! So, we are offering a Starter Kit which consists of the
- Lamplighter 2 box
- Power supply (a 6V wallwart power supply with a US connection on it, and works on both 110 and 240V, 50 and 60Hz power).
- 2 Packets of 30ft of the 1.0mm or 1.5mm fiber.
The price of this kit is reduced compared to buying the elements separately. We hope this is convenient as you start to implement fiber optic lighting in your hobby.
Lamplighter 2 Dimensions:
- L: 4 7/16"(11.2cm) W: 3 1/4"(8.2cm) H: 1 3/4" (4.4cm)
- Length with Flanges: 5 7/16" (13.8cm)
- No wiring needed!!
- Add light to structures in a matter of seconds.
- Cost effective when compared with other commercial systems.
- No heat is dissipated in or near the buildings being illuminated.
- Lighting effects are limited only by your imagination