The Super Bright Lamplighter 2S
This is a Lamplighter 2 on steroids!! It is 70% brighter than the Lamplighter 2 units
Based on using a very intense light system underneath the train table (or dolls house or whatever), fibers are then run into the space to be illuminated. The light source is 30+ times brighter than the typical LED used in hobby applications, which allows lighting of buildings and creating street lamps that will really glow well. The lighting of even a single fiber is intense.
The light output of a single 1.5mm fiber is equivalent to a typical 20mA LED.
To light a structure all one has to do is snip off the appropriate length of an optical fiber, insert one end into the Lamplighter box and run the other end up through a hole into the structure. A grommet grabs hold of the fibers so they are held in place. Each Lamplighter box allows you to light up multiple structures, making the addition of lights into many structures very simple.
How many fibers can you fit into the box?
- 26 of the 1.5mm fibers
- 60 of the 1.0mm fibers
~ 40 of a mixture of the above two fibers.
For HO layouts we recommend using 1.5mm diameter fibers to light buildings, and 1.0mm for street lamps.
For N Scale layouts we recommend using 1.0mm diameter fibers to light buildings, and 0.75mm for street lamps
For O Gauge layouts we recommend 1.5mm fiber for both buildings and street lamps.
You can use 0.75 and 0.5mm for lighting trees and other applications.
We sell and recommend using the highest quality of fiber - inferior brands will not be as bright and are prone to breaking when bent.
What do you get?
- Lamplighter 2S
- Power supply (a 6V wallwart power supply - wall connector selected baed on country of destination and works on both 110 and 240V, 50 and 60Hz power).
We hope this is convenient as you start to implement fiber optic lighting in your hobby.
Lamplighter 2S Dimensions:
- L: 4 7/16"(11.2cm) W: 3 1/4"(8.2cm) H: 1 3/4" (4.4cm)
- Length with Flanges: 5 7/16" (13.8cm)
- No wiring needed!!
- Add light to structures in a matter of seconds.
- Cost effective when compared with other commercial systems.
- No heat is dissipated in or near the buildings being illuminated.
- Lighting effects are limited only by your imagination