How To Connect Fibers
Why Would You Need To Connect Fibers Together?
-You cut your fibers too short
-You have a modular system
-Fibers are too small to get to the LampLighter Box
Tools You’ll Need
Steps To Connect The Fibers
- Make sure each fiber is cleanly cut at the ends
Take Aluminum tubing and insert each fiber into it. Insert the first side until it comes out the other end of the tubing.
- Take syringe filled with index matching fluid and put a small amount on the end of fiber.
- Draw the coupling tube back over the fiber
- Take syringe filled with index matching fluid and put a small amount on the end of the other fiber
- Put the second fiber into the aluminum tube
- Use crimpers to crimp each side of the tube